Saturday, December 10, 2005

One year na pala!


I bought a new phone! hehehe. Ironically, this is the first phone I actually bought (which I didn't wheedle out of my father) and my first colored phone with camera! To be honest, I wasn't really going to replace my trusty, albeit rust-covered nokia phone. But the prospect of my family warning everybody to get out of the way because my phone might give them the tetanus infection was enough incentive to make me change my mind and rid me of my phone-miser tendencies.

I already finished packing all my 'pasalubongs'. I just need to finish up on my shopping for five other people and I'm done! Hopefully, there would still be space inside my luggage for my own stuff. hehehe. My parents (yep, hi tech na parents ko. Online all the time. Well, except for the time my mom manages to download viruses and the PC has to be fixed) sent me an email yesterday with a countdown on when I am coming home.

Last week, I turned one year old in Bangkok already. Time really does fly fast. This week last year, Reysiel, Ria , Mervin and I were making our way in a strange new city, with a different language and a different culture and hanging out with non-Filipinos. It has been, and still is (for the most part), a fun and learning experience here. I have to say, I haven't regretted one bit in making the decision to pack up and leave Manila for Bangkok. Of course, the fact that Ria, Reysiel, Eileen and kuya mervs (and now Paui) are here made the transition much more comfortable and less alienating. In a way, this experience changed me and perhaps made me more resilient (hello! I don't cry any more at the littlest tukso. hehehe.) and a bit more appreciative of family, life and friends. Working here has helped me immensely in my role as family breadwinner too. I don't grumble so much anymore when I send money home (though sometimes I still do). hehehe.

And since marunong na ako mag attach ng photo sa blog, here is a pic of us 4 in Baiyoke last New Year’s eve.


Happy One-Year-in-Bangkok guys and hopefully, here's to a more exciting year ahead for all of us. :)

1 comment: