Saturday, April 22, 2006
I watched the movie 'Dubai' early this morning (around 1 am) and by the end of the movie when Aga was viewing his brother's taped apology, I was reduced to a pathetic crying mess. I felt really sad and homesick and so alone all of a sudden. Murag ganahan na ko mu uli dayun. :( Ayun tuloy, I had a rather disturbing dream and I woke up again with a bad feeling.
Haaay. Gusto ko umuwi kahit for a while. :(
Sunday, April 9, 2006
nakita ko lng sa isang blog...ganda eh. had to post it:
"A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong?
What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day.
Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying."
Saturday, April 8, 2006
You know you're in trouble when...
1. You know you will do anything to make someone happy and it simply crushes you when you can't do something to make him smile
2. You begin to trust that someone completely with all the bullcrap he says and hope to God he is being honest with you
3. You just begin to let go of defenses and revel in the moment of being with him
4. You just miss someone so much that you lose EQ everyday in anticipation of seeing that person again :P
Atay. So I am so into someone now. So sue me. hehehe.
So this is my KFC moment. What's yours? :P
I love KL because...
- the city is just beautiful and obviously well planned. Its city-scape is dotted with trees just about everywhere. Wish Cebu is like it.
- Malls are everywhere and the malls are big and not so crowded. I especially loved Times Square. It even had a theme park (sort of) in its top floors.
- Wonderful , wonderful land of books! They have a huge Kinokoniya bookstore and Borders store with all the books I want to read which are not available in Thailand
- great roads even in out of the way places (we tried to follow a coastal road to Melaka and the roads were still paved and smooth! )
- their KFC tastes just great (better than Bangkok's)
I probably will not want to live in KL because...
- its crawling with repulsive , creepy looking men who just hit on you out of nowhere. I have never felt so uncomfortable in being a woman than in this city! Even in Genting, men were just bastos!
- transport system sucks. Its trains are old and rotten and looks pretty much unsafe
- taxi drivers are mean and try NOT to follow the meter as much as possible
On Saturday, I went with Reysiel, Miss Che and two of her friends to Melaka. It was a two hour drive there but it was worth every second. Melaka is full of history, about colonialism, sultanates, the Dutch East India company...We went on a museum tour and I suddenly remembered my history classes in high school and college. And I wish I could see Mr Pacqueo and tell him that I've actually been to the places already that he was teaching us about. hehe.
Then on Sunday, Reysiel treated me to Genting. Being the theme ride freak that I am, I really enjoyed it. I have to admit though that riding that cable car (my Gawd...30 minutes ride..) scared me for a bit. I didn't want to move because I felt if I did, our car would crash down into the mountains below. hehe. Si Reysiel galaw nang galaw. nakaka panic. We also went on the Spiderman ride thingy and their roller coaster, as well as some of the kiddie rides. Thanks Reys! Really enjoyed Genting. hehe.
Then it was back to work on Monday where I was punished for having a holiday by being made to work on a slew of issues. haha. Ok,I try to sound martyr-like, but the truth is, I love troubleshooting. hahaha. But then, that's a different story. And a different blog entry...