Saturday, April 8, 2006

Kuala Lumpur Adventure

I went to KL last weekend for four days and stayed at Reysiel's super shala apartment near the Petronas Towers. I spent the first two days walking around KL (or a bit of KL) on my own, taking pics of me and Petronas, having lunch at KFC (masarap naman ang KL version) and riding their transport system and of course, looking for VINCCI shoes!!!



I love KL because...
- the city is just beautiful and obviously well planned. Its city-scape is dotted with trees just about everywhere. Wish Cebu is like it.
- Malls are everywhere and the malls are big and not so crowded. I especially loved Times Square. It even had a theme park (sort of) in its top floors.
- Wonderful , wonderful land of books! They have a huge Kinokoniya bookstore and Borders store with all the books I want to read which are not available in Thailand
- great roads even in out of the way places (we tried to follow a coastal road to Melaka and the roads were still paved and smooth! )
- their KFC tastes just great (better than Bangkok's)

I probably will not want to live in KL because...
- its crawling with repulsive , creepy looking men who just hit on you out of nowhere. I have never felt so uncomfortable in being a woman than in this city! Even in Genting, men were just bastos!
- transport system sucks. Its trains are old and rotten and looks pretty much unsafe
- taxi drivers are mean and try NOT to follow the meter as much as possible

On Saturday, I went with Reysiel, Miss Che and two of her friends to Melaka. It was a two hour drive there but it was worth every second. Melaka is full of history, about colonialism, sultanates, the Dutch East India company...We went on a museum tour and I suddenly remembered my history classes in high school and college. And I wish I could see Mr Pacqueo and tell him that I've actually been to the places already that he was teaching us about. hehe.

Then on Sunday, Reysiel treated me to Genting. Being the theme ride freak that I am, I really enjoyed it. I have to admit though that riding that cable car (my Gawd...30 minutes ride..) scared me for a bit. I didn't want to move because I felt if I did, our car would crash down into the mountains below. hehe. Si Reysiel galaw nang galaw. nakaka panic. We also went on the Spiderman ride thingy and their roller coaster, as well as some of the kiddie rides. Thanks Reys! Really enjoyed Genting. hehe.

Then it was back to work on Monday where I was punished for having a holiday by being made to work on a slew of issues. haha. Ok,I try to sound martyr-like, but the truth is, I love troubleshooting. hahaha. But then, that's a different story. And a different blog entry...




No comments:

Post a Comment