Monday, October 24, 2005

Of airheadedness and charades and little suprises

I made my flight back to Bangkok -- serendipitously.

A normal thinking person would have confirmed and found out the exact time of her flight so she would be able to get to the airport on time. But no, for me, I just naturally assumed the time of my flight would be at 3pm, which is the same time as my previous flight. So I woke up on Sunday morning at 1030, took a shower at 11, killed some time by watching TV and went out to the lobby at 1130. I then took a cab around 1145 and my mind was in a leisurely mindset. After all, how can things go wrong? My flight was at 3pm and I was in fact already mulling the various activities I can engage in while waiting for my flight.

Murpy's Law kicked in at around 11:50.

I forgot to ask for the receipt from the driver (300 baht down the drain). Then when I checked in, I found out to my absolute horror that boarding time was at 12:05! A quick glance at my watch told me it was 11:55. Which meant that if I had dilly-dallyed more at the hotel, I would have missed my flight entirely!

************

Eileen had her housewarming party last night (she moved into this new, shala, bachelorette place). We played charades and ate a lot of food. The charades was fun and each team took turns guessing which movie or song the person in front was miming. We had a hilarious, noisy time and lots of humiliating moments.

*************

When I arrived at my apartment, I received a nice little surprise from Shanghai boy. :) It more than made up for my near-missed-flight fiasco and the perceived untidiness of my room. Ha! He said he owes me one now. I'm going to claim that one someday. :P

*************

3 comments:

  1. Rochee!!! Umuwi ka na! Sayang d ka na namin nameet nung Sunday. Sabihan mo kami ulit kung kelan ka balik dito, para makabisita ka na sa bahay namin... :)

    Dunkin Donuts ulit ah.. hahaha! Joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sino si shanghai boy? la ba itong pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ha not sure if i'm reading too fast ano ulit surprise ni shanghai boY?? :) heheeh slow loraine...too much chocolate intake :) hehehe mizzz yaah

    ReplyDelete