Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Born in Africa

For my second to the last weekend in Africa, I finally, finally got to touch a real live lion!!!!
Ok (for my parents who are hyperventilating now) it wasn't a big lion. It was more like a baby lion. But still…it will grow up to become king of the jungle someday. Hehe. So technically, I was being brave.


We went to this Lion Park Reserve here in Gauteng. It was smaller than the Rhino and Lion Park, but it had more lions (obviously, yun ang pangalan eh). So they had this area where it was called Cub World and we saw baby hyenas (still incapable of eating humans), baby lions, baby giraffes and a baby leopard. Then we went inside this enclosure and went inside the cage with the baby lions. I swear, when the guide locked the door to the cage, I had images of these cubs suddenly outgrowing adolescence and deciding that human meat was the best meal they could ever have.

Anyway, ang cute sobra ng mga cubs. They were half the size of my body and there were six of them. There was one really hyperactive one. We could stroke their bodies and stomachs, basta just not the tail or the head or else *CHOMP* goes your finger. Their fur was very nice actually when you rub their stomachs (syempre, we just touched the one cub which was sleeping). At ang cute. Makes you want to own one.

And since I really found them cute and wanted to own one, Paui bought me a stuffed toy version. His name is Simba, dahil hello, he reminds me of the Lion King character. Hehe.
And Just like in Lion King, eto at may lion king drama pa (reminds me of that scene where Simba and his lady friend just met and were drinking and jumping up and down the waterfalls):
All in all, a rather enjoyable weekend. :) parang hollywood cartoon. Hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. hi, te..
    here is my new link..
    nice au imung pictures, te..
    love you..

    ReplyDelete