Saturday, April 16, 2005

after morning shift...

The past week has got to be the longest five working days of my life. I really am not a fan of morning shift which will essentially entail waking up at 430 in the morning, going to work by 6am and going home around 3 pm (supposedly, but this always becomes 6pm or even later). And I even had to work on two holidays. Which is fine by me as long as they pay me extra money for holiday shift right? hahaha.

Today, I had a bit of general cleaning in my room, turned everything upside down and inside out, took off my bedsheets and mopped the whole damn floor. I don't know where this bit of energy and perseverance came from. But now I have a clean floor, clean cabinets, newly scrubbed bathroom and no bedsheets. Which is why I am going to Big C today to get new bedsheets (it was supposed to be MBK but it's too far and I am not really in the mood to go to far places just now).

I hate my auntie !!! as in really. I am trying to not be provoked by all this...but I am not a very patient person after all...

Got to chat with my cuz Harry. Now I feel homesick (just a bit) but not enough to make me want to go home...not just yet...

This week, I had two dinners with my girl friends and it was really fun (think brunch like Sarah Jessica Parker and friends. haha). And I really miss doing that--- just having dinner and having a good chat and laughing with friends. Made me think of my Accenture days in Manila where I just hung out at Starbucks or Greenbelt with my friends (especially my batchmates) and we just bitch about our work, talk about our non existent (for some of us anyway) lovelives and our half formed plans. Now I feel even more homesick just reminiscing. But never mind because I will hopefully see most of them in Singapore this June anyway. Yey!

Last night, we went to Silom and we were supposed to have dinner at a Korean restaurant (me, Reysiel, an Indonesian friend and a Thai friend). But we saw all these people playing with water guns and dousing people with water and powder, so we decided on a safer course and ducked into the nearest shopping mall and just decided to find food there. :) Had dinner (really yummy Thai food) then had pancakes for dessert (yum). I was really full but really sleepy afterwards. It was a fun dinner. We just laughed and had this game where we asked each other questions and everybody had to answer each question. Really trivial, but fun.

I have to go now. I still have to buy new hot pink bedsheets. hahaha.

TTFN! :)

1 comment: