Saturday, April 23, 2005

Four day week!

Yesterday, I accompanied Ria's bro to tour the temples. Got scammed! I really feel so stupid afterwards. I mean, I know I am gullible and really lack streetsmarts (that has been displayed frequently in the past unfortunately), but it is really embarrassing to have other people be involved in something that happened because of my stupidity. I feel totally dyahe to Ria and her bro. :( Sigh. My total lack of EQ shows up again.

Last night, we went out to this techno/hip hop/liveband bar for the farewell party of Thomas and Jon's birthday party. The club, as expected, was teeming with people all out for a good time on a Friday night. Eileen and I were the only representatives of the Filipino connexion as Reysiel and Ria were probably too tired to go party last night. I had fun and I didn't drink too much as our bosses were there to party as well (this is the really strange thing in Siemens. when we party, we always see our German bosses partying as well. One of our bosses-- the one who hired us -- even told us we girls were ever present at all the parties! Hello! sya din noh. hahaha).

Anyway, the funny events last night:
1. said hi, hello, good bye and toasted with a Thai celebrity(one of the half Thai, half Danish trainees in the office). Reportedly, he is a soap opera actor/model and his brother is this hotshot singer/actor here. Of course, we dont know him from Adam as we don't really watch Thai operas do we? But heck, if they say he is celebrity status, who are we to argue? We just befriend, say hi-hello, and hope he brings his brother with him to parties one day. hahaha. (That is Yui's battlecry BYB! (bring your brother). By the way, he is cute, but in an effeminate sort of way so characteristic of the males here. But Eileen, kakaibiganin na natin di ba? hahaha.
2. a guy tried to pick me up..which scared the hell out of me by the way. I couldn't find Eileen or Vicky or Thomas or anyone remotely familiar in the crowded bar and this guy just started talking to me . He thought I was Thai, then Singaporean, until I had to correct him to say I was Filipina. Then he tried to give me a beer and I very politely refused. He was very insistent that I have a drink. He even introduced me to his other friends there too and bragged that he was a graphic designer choo-choo and worked four years in London or something. Very nice, but as he was unfamiliar and while not really ugly, he just wasnt my type, I wanted to get away and find Eileen. Finally, I found Vicky in the crowd and just sidled next to her for my safe zone and totally ignored the guy afterwards. :P
3. one of our colleagues i was talking to, during the course of our shouting conversation, mentioned again about the 'boyfriend' i had back home. I had to correct him real fast. hahaha. but damn, the second guy to hint I had a bf. Hello. Do I have spoken-for written all over me? How ironic is that? This is so bad for my dating prospects here (which is close to nil of course. hahaha).

Went to have dinner with Eileen and tangkad and vicky and nicole last night. Got pretty pissed actually on how tangkad was so rude and so obnoxious. Well..no accounting for taste.

This morning after cleaning the room and doing mini laundry (mini because I plan to do major laundry this Friday pa), I am here looking for a place to stay in chiang mai for Len and me. And I found it! Its in the middle of town. Hopefully, ok ito and Eileen wouldn't kill me if the place is crappy. And I am looking over stuff to do in Chiangmai. :) Excited na ako. There is this big lake for swimming and hiking places. And maybe I can goad Eileen to teach me to ride a bike. hahaha. (clap clap clap).

Chatted with my sisters yesterday to plan their trip. Decided I will send letter of apology to aunt today in an attempt to reconcile with her. (oh brother). And I currently have 400 baht spendable amount until sweldo this Monday. God help me. hehe.

So that was my life this week. :) How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Rochie! May boy ka na naman...ever since you left the Philippines, lalo pa lumakas ang appeal mo...:) grabe!!!

    ReplyDelete