Monday, January 2, 2006

Letting go of 2005

It wouldn't be fair for the year 2005 to let it slide by without even a scant recognition of the changes, blessings, memorable events, and unforgettable people (both in a good and bad way) the year has given me.

- career-wise, it has been good so far. I got a good evaluation report from my superior and got promoted this year. I got SAP accreditation too which was something I was gunning for when I was in company A
- financially, I am better off this year compared to the previous years. I feel so happy when I am able to give more to my parents than I was able to before. And I am now debt free as I have fully paid the loan I got from my tita for my initial spending when I arrived in Bangkok last year! yehey!
- established deeper friendship ties with Reysiel, Ria, Kuya Mervs, Len and the other Filipinos here in Siemens
- met and worked closely with people from different cultures which made my work experience so much more interesting and challenging.
- bought my first digi cam and first colored phone! (yippee). I was sad to see my trusty 8210 go though. :( I bought my family a computer and my dad a cellphone too!
- was able to travel to Singapore 3 times this year and met up with some batchmates and other ex accenture peeps there too
- love life front...hmmm....interesting developments going on. hahaha. but this is a TBA item. Not that I feel I need one right now as I am satisfied with how my life is going on
- went to the gym for the first time this year!
- learned how to drive!
- the Shanghai boy moments (brief but memorable)

I can't remember everything that has happened in 2005. But I am thankful for this past year and feel really blessed and loved by God. He really is watching out for me and my family. I am excited to see what is in store for me in 2006. :)

I know it seems passe and I never even do half these things anyway, but here are my New year's resolutions. Oops, correction. I prefer to call them my FAITH GOALS for 2006:

1. Be assigned for work in another country (sana sana sana)
2. Travel to another country (other than Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines) like Malaysia and Hongkong
3. More faithful in attending church services and in tithing
4. Get promoted this year (hehehe)
5. Save enough to buy a house of my own in Cebu this year (major project ko ito)
6. Learn how to cook!!! (very important. I am so inutil in the kitchen)
7. Buy more clothes, shoes and bags for myself (don't know why but I shop more stuff for my family than for me)

So Lord, I lift these all up to you and as usual, I ask for Your Grace for these faith goals to come to fruition. :)

And to everyone, I know 2006 will be a blast so let us all keep our spirits up and look forward to an exciting year. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment