Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Its a PBA Night!!!! SMB vs Ginebra!

Just before I left Cebu for Bangkok, San Miguel was losing. The way they played their games was so painful to the heart and irritating to watch that I just all but gave up on viewing their games. I would only end up feeling really mad, annoyed and violent (not a very good emotional condition to be in).



Now, a month and a half into my Bangkok stay and I heard that they are on a winning streak since after the regular round!!! Imagine to my chargrin that had I but waited a few more days before leaving the Philippines then I at least could have brought with me the sweet memory of a healthy Danny Seigle playing with the elegant finesse and sheer intensity of yore (yore equivalent to 2000 and 2001 here).



So here I am, patiently waiting in an internet cafe for live updates from well-meaning friends and fellow SMB fanatics. Would they win? Would they prevail over an arrogant Caguioa (who had declared they would win over smb and lose just one game). Ha and ha and ha! I am so sorry to all Ginebra fans out there...but that kind of prediction from a player who scored less than five points in a game during the fourth quarter should not merit any kind of credibility at all. If someone has the gumption to make that kind of daring (and hopefully, untrue) prediction should try to beef up his statement with action.



(Hopefully SMB wins tonight so I don't have to eat my words). Last night, I dreamt that my cousin told me that unfortunately San Miguel lost to Ginebra in the deciding game. But isn't it old wive's tale that the opposite of the dream usually happens? Then following this well defined and well proven logic, San Miguel should be a shoo-in for the win tonight then, right?



Too bad we only get three English speaking channels on our cable here in Bangkok (two and a half. Discovery channel sometimes is dubbed in Thai. grr!! ). I wish we had a Filipino channel. Calling ABS CBN...please have pity on Filipinos working in Thailand and send your satellite signals here to us...and also broadcast the PBA games too for that matter. :)



Obviously as I have been talking about San Miguel for most of the blog here, I obviously did not do anything exciting today. Work...work...and then there is more work.... :( Oh and had a bit of chat with my parents who are a bit worried about my whereabouts here (probably because of my mention that some of our German friends/trainees visited our room before and I indubitably left out the part about it being a party with lots of other people around...my bad... :) ).



Yun lang. bye. hehehe. Im hungry na. I will just call my cousin tomorrow for updates. yehey! my first blog. hahaha. mwah!







No comments:

Post a Comment