Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Happy Birthday to me -- Part II

Looking back at yesterday, it was a fun day. In the office, during lunch time, the group of trainees (mostly Eileen's barkada --> the matino ones) greeted me Happy Birthday in German and in English and had me blow 24 candles on three delicious-looking cheesecakes (I say delicious looking because I haven't actually eaten any of it and gave it instead to Mervin, Namit and Tolome because I was so full that time). Goddess also joined us for lunch and once again, he became the brunt of our teasing (especially since we were so hungry that time). I was touched to say the least (especially since Iniirog#1 led the singing in German and Iniirog #2 took pictures of my cake. hahahaha).

Siemens German trainees and Eileen surprising me on my birthday

After work, Ria and I went to Big C in Ramkamhaeng to buy (drumrolls please) KFC. Yep, on my 24th birthday, I forced my roommates to eat KFC with me. Hahahaha. But they enjoyed it I think, especially since we were all hungry by dinner. Ria and I had a hard time trying to communicate to the girl at the counter that we wanted to order gravy. For some insane reason, KFC in Thailand don't give away bottomless gravy unlike in the Philippines. Ria had to do some animated gestures with a sprinkling of Thai phrases (may aw). Eventually, the KFC girl got the idea and we got a large serving of gravy. Claire called while we were there in Big C. She made me promise I would go to Singapore soon and I in turn made her commit to my staying at her place while I am there.

After eating, we helped Eileen move her stuff downstairs. She is moving down to the 4th floor. Next month, I will be taking the room next to hers . Yippee...actually having my own place. :) Now I can entertain men. JUST KIDDING MOM! hahahaha. After moving Len's stuff, making a lot of racket in the room, I had to eventually retire to bed as I need to be in the office at 6 am the next day.
 
Thanks to Ria, Reys, Len and Kuya Mervs for my outfit that day!

All in all, I do declare that my first international birthday was a great birthday day! :)

1 comment: