Monday, February 7, 2005

Happy Birthday to me! :)

Today is my birthday! I am now officially 24 years old -- a year away from reaching the quarter century mark.

Last night, Ria, Eileen, Reysiel and Mervin greeted me at around 12 mn with delicious cake and a gift (pink floral skirt)! I was so touched (I haven't celebrated my birthday or had cake with candles on it for that matter since I came to Manila in 1998 so thanks really :) ). I really wanted to burst into my trademark tears but I couldn't because I was just too happy and chirpy. While we ate cake, we watched pictures (via Reysiel's brand new DVD) and reminisced about T03, about Accenture and the fun team buildings we had.

Today I feel so very girly because I am wearing the pink floral skirt and white halter top with pink sandals and pink bag (good thing I bought this pink bag yesterday!). I went out with some people from church yesterday and watched the Aviator (Leo looks so hot. God, can I have a guy who looks just like that?hehehe).

My 5 year plan officially went bust today. But no matter, because the 4 year plan is quickly and automatically taking its place. hahaha. I have birthday resolutions starting on this 24th year and I promise to stick to it while I can.




1. I will never whine again. Life has been good to me, considering. My life isn't perfect, but then it hasn't been that bad either. I have great friends, a good job, wonderful family and my finances are beginning to take shape. A more thankful disposition wouldn't hurt right?

2. I will be more active in church. :) Self explanatory I think.

3. I will live a more healthy lifestyle (ok, so this one is open to argument. A healthy lifestyle after all can be relative to what one thinks is healthy).

4. I will be more prudent with my money (promise!)

5. My four year plan can take a backseat in my life plans (really). :) It may or it may not come. It may come down to a 6month plan...it may come down to a whirlwind 1week plan...but it ain't (oops...wrong grammar) going to be at the top of my to-do list this year.

6. I will be willing to take more risks -- in anything. (calculated risks of course. haha).

7. Less sensitive (if at all possible) and become not so anti-social to other people I dont really want to talk to. (in short, I will learn to be plastic to people I don't really feel like talking to. It is just social justice. )


I can't think of others yet. But I am 24 now. I once wrote in my Sun Star column (ages ago when I was 18 )that 18 was just a number. And let me paraphrase that. Twenty-four is definitely just a number because -- well, just because. :) I don't make any sense now do I? hahahaha.




2 comments:

  1. Haffeeee Bday to yu! Haffeee Bday to you!!! Haffeee bdey haffeee beedey haffeee beeday ruchie...:) Well, i'm so glad now that you're very happy and contented.

    Our start group theme song somehow strucks you now..Look at the bright side of life...:)

    Love you...mwah!

    ReplyDelete