Tuesday, December 1, 2009

28 days to go!

My short trip to Cebu last weekend was dual purpose. First, I wanted to attend the wedding of my cousin Neil. Congratulations Neil and Karen. It was a wonderful wedding showcasing Karen's musically inclined family and our family's , er, rowdiness. hehe.

And second, I was supposed to have the grand fitting of all fittings. I use the word "supposed to" because it was only me and my flower girls who were able to have a fitting. My bridesmaids' dresses and mommy dress was not yet done! To be honest, I was a bit livid already at my designer. After all, I had planned this schedule with him way way in advance.

Anyhow, bearing in mind to not sweat the small stuff, I was able to successfully hide my bridezilla-ness and instead made use of our time there, by having the male members of our family be fitted for their barong sizes. Yes folks, I am having all my close uncles wear barong too. Syempre it is my wedding. Dapat my family looks good. nyahahahahahaha.

Perhaps the best thing that came out of this vacation was my meeting with my coordinator Elni. I was so pleased --- no, let me correct this-- I was extremely happy to find out that he was as organized and as attentive to details as I could have hoped.  We planned and discussed a lot of details, and even was able to finalize the program. (happy happy happy).

And during our meeting, we even chanced upon Jim and his crew having coffee, waiting for their next wedding to shoot. So it was good to reconnect with our photog. My dad even had a chat with them too.

Here are some pics from my fitting of me and my flower girls (I added in the previous fitting of bridesmaids just to make me feel better)



flower girls




three of my bridesmaids (from first fitting)



my train



me trying to look bride-y


The beadings on my gown will be done this December pa daw. So as not to lose its sheen and shine. Waaa. And I am panicking just thinking of this because I wanted everything done and finished before Christmas. *sigh*.

Anyway, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. lapit na rochie! :D relax ka lang, magiging ok naman lahat tsaka no matter what it will be special kasi its your wedding day :D

    ReplyDelete