Friday, December 11, 2009

the solemnity of the Church Ceremony

I know most of the time, this portion of the wedding is hurriedly planned, with no thought given to the details (except for the bridal walk and the aisle decoration). But as this is a sacrament conducted by Paui and me with God, and asking for God's blessing for the future of our marriage, I was very careful to retain the sincerity and solemnity of the ceremony.

We followed the church's (very) strict guidelines on how the ceremony is to be conducted, avoiding the fanfare of petal-throwing, commentating and (much to my coordinator's dismay) avoided spluttering the aisle with too much floral decorations. I've seen how my friends abroad got married in church and I kind of like the simplicity of it all.

And as part of the church preparations, my very talented and fellow bride-to-be friend Marf created for us our misalette cover too. I just asked her to make it simple with some shades of pink (to match our motif, duh!). She came up with a really gorgeous one! :)  Super Super Thanks Marf! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment