Thursday, December 10, 2009

Less than 20 days to go but...

...I am not at all nervous or panicky --- well so far not yet. My mind is so far so consumed with thoughts of cleaning up our domicile (to ensure it stays clean in the three weeks we will be away) and missing Paui and finalizing the guest list that I haven't had time for the rush, panicky moments.

And at the back of my head, the priorities are starting to take shape. I have junked my "over-the-top" ideas of having customized table centerpieces, a wishing tree, and fireworks. Instead I have focused on reception food (lechon lechon lechon!), a solemn and hopefully hassle-free church ceremony and the program to ensure guests are well-entertained and part of the occasion.

I know how many times I have adamantly said that this is our wedding -- Paui's and mine. But in reality, our wedding day wouldn't be successful if our guests and family don't enjoy themselves.   For our party to turn out great, it has to be THEIR party too.

It is strange to have these realizations so close to our wedding date.  Maybe it is because Paui and I are married already that it allows me to focus on more than just the superficial in our wedding preparations lately. hehehe. Heck, I didn't even panic when our guest count reached 270 already! (including suppliers).

Pray with me please for good weather on our wedding day (December 29!). :) I am so excited. And I am happy and hopeful that most of our family and friends can make it. Weeeeeeeee....

Here is a pic of me and Paui during our pre-mag-on moments. hehehe. (friends lng po kami). Bata pa namin noh? hahhaaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment