Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10 Things I am Thankful for During the Wedding

10. I did not need to urinate or go to the loo during the whole wedding, from the time I donned on my wedding gown to the time I took it off (well, you know...that time...). This is a really good thing because my maid-of-honor/sister and I were wondering how the heck we were going to manage this cleanly when nature called. 

09. I got free fireworks. Initially I was a tad bit upset that another wedding was going on just below ours (we got the city view of Chateau. They had the place below the city view). But in the end it was all good. Because during our dinner (and presumably the end of their reception), they let loose beautiful fireworks and our venue had the best view of it! Some of our guests even thought those were ours. hahaha.

08. And because there was another wedding, and probably because it was holiday season, the whole Chateau de Busay was lit up with beautiful lights just everywhere giving our open view reception a lit up, romantic ambiance. And to think I was a bit worried it would be too dark. haha.

07. It did not rain on our wedding day. It rained the day before. It rained two days after. But the skies were clear on the day that we wanted it to be. And for that I am really thankful.

06. I did not lose my cool. At all. Not even when one tita attempted to sabotage the whole reception by turning it into a karaoke free-for-all. (well of course I had to scurry off my coordinator to pull said tita off-stage IMMEDIATELY. but that's all.)

05. I did not trip on my walk down the aisle. But I was so conscious though of everyone looking at me that I forgot to smile in the beginning. And I forgot to hug my mom. haha.

04. The whole hotel room was very chaotic. All my cousins and aunts were there for hair and make up. All our things strewn about. But the amazing thing? We all made it to church on time...no one was late. Not one entourage member...none, even the ninongs and ninangs. I am so thankful. :)

03. I just finished my menstrual period two days before our wedding day. The timing couldn't be more perfect. For a girl who would be the center of attention while wearing a pristine white dress...this is very crucial information.

02. We had two priests officiating our wedding. Now we feel doubly blessed. :)

01. My baby and I are finally, officially married after almost four years. :) Time for our new life to begin!

2 comments:

  1. buhat sadko ing ani kay murag wala koy update2 hihi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. mailhan dyud ko von na bored nako noh. hahaha. bisan-unsa nlng ako gipang post.

    ReplyDelete