Friday, January 29, 2010

one month na kami!

Rochie: baby, mag one month na tayo bukas.
Paui:      huh? sinecelebrate pa ba yan? Di ba anniv nlng if married na?
Rochie: *gives her new husband fierce, glowering look*
Paui:      joke lng. hehe *sabay hug para walang away*

(the above situation really did happen). As it turned out, we were not able to go out and have dinner in a fancy restaurant because Paui got sick. But we had something so much better --- a fancy dinner by moi!

Ok so it wasn't really fancy or chic. But it was a quick-and-easy-to-do dinner. I made him pesto linguini with fried salmon. Yes it was so easy that I was done in less than 30 minutes! So easy I can outline in five steps all I did:

1. Marinated my salmon in soy sauce and vinegar (I wasn't sure if you are supposed to do that but it turned out well) and placed it in fridge to chill.
2. Mixed butter, garlic, pesto and pepper in pan and cooked it a bit. Added some cheese.
3. Mixed in the linguini (obviously I boiled the pasta a bit beforehand) with the pesto sauce.
4. Fried the salmon for maybe 2 to 3 minutes then I just let it simmer in its own oil.
5. Served it to my husband ;)



Some days ago Paui bought some wine from Duty Free in Singapore (yep we always buy from Duty Free where it is waaay cheaper than buying in Carrefoure). So we had our alcohol in place. ;) And according to my husband, the flavors of the salmon and the pasta blended perfectly with our Riesling and I couldn't agree more.


Paui was actually surprised and thought the whole meal was so difficult to concoct. Needless to say, I got loads of compliments from him and several expressions of gratitude. bwahahaha. Here is a pic of him all happy and grateful and hungry (just got home from work).  A bit hurt though that he seemed so flabbergasted I can make such dishes. Tsk tsk tsk.



Happy First month of marriage baby. :)  Let us have many, many, many, many more!   I love you. *mwah*

3 comments:

  1. :)

    i always get to smile whenever i read your entries :)

    sounds and looks yummy what you prepared! i'll try it one of these days (thanks for posting that :D).

    happy one month to you and paui! (parang pumayat si paui??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma try ko din nga to hehe :)
    i haven't cooked anything for my husband ever since we got married. aw except for rice haha :)

    time to be really wifey! hehe

    ReplyDelete