Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bring on 2010!

I have to confess now that for the last three months of 2009, I have used wedding preparations as a shield from the anxieties and uncertainties surrounding my 2010.

I needed a new job.
An interview for a job I wanted didn't result in a favorable outcome.
We needed to move to a new apartment.
My PR was not approved yet.
And I was facing the bleak prospect of not having income for at least two months. For a breadwinner, this was the most disastrous outcome of all.

After our honeymoon (my last solace of peace, I felt), I kept on praying that everything would work out fine. But I was not so optimistic (ahh...my faithless spirit).

So I felt so thankful and so blessed when two things greeted me on my arrival home:

A job offer.
A PR approval letter.

Thank you God for the blessings. I really really promise to read the whole Bible in one year. Really. :)

2010 now looks like a glass half-full. And I look forward to a year of challenges, blessings and love.

2 comments:

  1. i love this post, rochie! :)

    congrats on those two things you mentioned.

    and here's to you for wanting to read the whole Bible :) i hope i can do the same! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gnet. :)

    mukhang di daw kayanin if five chapters per day lng. kailangan 10 ata. hahaha. or more.

    ReplyDelete