Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Farewells again

I was not pinning all my eggs on it, but I was hoping that my current company would be the company I would retire in. I'm not really too fond of moving companies and for the sake of my future family, I really would prefer stability in my career.


But I guess the economy and capitalists have a way of screwing up the best laid plans. So here I find myself in the fortunate position of being able to jump ship to a new company, but at the same time doing what I hate the most : saying goodbye to colleagues. But hey,it is not only me but a host of others are leaving as well. So this month has been full of goodbye lunches...

My Filipino colleagues and I said our goodbyes to the big boss by treating her to Pinoy cuisine at 7107 Flavours (Marina Square). Good thing she liked our food! We ordered all the usual suspects (Crispy Pata, Sisig, Pinakbet, Rellenong Bangus, etc). And she really loved sisig (much to our surprise).



Then the bulk of SAP team leaving (me included) is given a treat the next day at The Line, Shangri-la . This is my second time to eat here and really, the food is delicious and the varities of food available -- nakakabusog!


Many more others are expected to leave too. Such a sad and tumultuous time at the office, and just when 2010 was starting too.  :( But when doors close, a lot more others open. So I look forward to the future with trepidation, excitement and anticipation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment